Front-End Web Developer
We are looking for a Front-End Web Developer with experience working in a team environment on multiple projects simultaneously. This team member understands web development best practices and is eager to contribute within the model of how we work at MC2.
The primary role of the Front-End Web Developer at MC2 is to understand our clients from a strategic level, and to ensure that all UI / UX designs are fully functional and optimized for the user. The ideal candidate has demonstrated experience delivering strategically, creatively, and scientifically, to ensure that all client objectives are accomplished at the highest level.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best web development practices
- Create website layout/user interface by using standard HTML/CSS practices
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Create and maintain software documentation
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities
- Work with web designers to build functional web interfaces based on visual designs
- 2+ years proven working experience in web development
- Front-End Web Standards and Technologies:
- HTML/CSS (Sass & Less)
- Icon Fonts
- Git version control
- Automation tools (e.g. Grunt, Gulp, etc.)
- HTML/CSS frameworks (e.g. Bootstrap, Foundation, etc.)
- Responsive mobile development
- Development Platforms:
- Craft CMS
- Design and Development Software:
- Sublime Text or other open source text editor
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
- A solid understanding of how web applications work from beginning to end, including local development environments and setup (e.g. LAMP stacks using MAMP, Docker, Vagrant, etc.), site and server security, server management, etc.
- Hands-on experience with network diagnostics and network analytics tools
- Basic knowledge of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and diagnostic and analytic tools including Google Analytics
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets with business acumen
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly, and master diverse web technologies and techniques
- Ability to interact and clearly communicate with team members as well as client and stakeholders
- BS in computer science or a related field, or equivalent relevant experience
This is not a telecommuting position.